Spring is here! That means it’s time to get after some home maintenance projects. A few ideas to get you started:
- Get down and dirty by scrubbing those baseboards, trim, doors, walls, and handles.
- Scared to look at those air filters after the long winter? Take a deep breath and swap them out with fresh new ones.
- Clean the blinds slate-by-slate (yes, it’s a PAIN) and wash, or easier yet, dry-clean window treatments.
- Get the grime and slime off kitchen cabinets with a top-to-bottom wipe down.
- Flip mattresses and, while you’re at it, wash ALL your bed linens (mattress pads and pillow shams included).
- Have a look at your gutters and downspouts for winter damage and debris. (You’ll def want a buddy to hold the ladder.)
- Inspect wooden decks, railings, windowsills, and steps for damage or rot.
- Pressure wash patios, decks, driveway, and outdoor furniture. (Pressure washing is awesome. Seriously. You’ve gotta try it.)
- Tune-up any lawn maintenance equipment (and send up a prayer that everything will crank)!
- Clear the front entryway of bugs and cobwebs. Go on and throw up a colorful spring wreath and welcome mat, too!
Whip your home into shape ASAP so you’ll be ready to kick up your feet when that lovely spring time weather shows up!